Machakos Girls’ High School was started as a primary school for boys under the name Government African School in 1915. In 1946, the primary school then became a mixed school for boys and girls. In 1950, the school was split and all the boys were moved to the now Machakos School.
The school name changed to “Government African Girls’ Intermediate School.” Machakos Girls’ High School is currently a Girls’ Boarding Public Provincial School serving all the districts of Eastern Province.
To prepare complete girls who will participate and contribute meaningfully to the academic, socio-economic and political environment.
A centre of education and excellence for girls in Kenya and the world.
Success is Doing the Extra