The origins of The Aga Khan High School, Mombasa date to the opening of the the boys’ elementary school in 1918 and the establishment of the girls school in 1919.
The current building, constructed between 1945 and 1951, is situated on Vanga Road, between the Aga Khan Hospital, Jaffery Academy and across from the Government Training Institute. It houses two schools – The Aga Khan Primary School and The Aga Khan High School.
The Aga Khan High School, Mombasa is a mixed day school offering the Kenyan National Curriculum as well as the Cambridge IGCSE curriculum. The school is open to students of all religions, races and nationalities and comprises of 660 students and 38 teachers. It is a private school owned by Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKES, K), an institution that works to provide quality education to 11 schools in Kenya.
The School offers a broad-based, multi-disciplinary education with emphases on languages, sciences, humanities, technical subjects and student-centered teaching/learning within an interactive learning environment that is designed to stimulate the joy of enquiry.
P.O.Box 90062-80100. Mombasa KENYA.